PPC adverts are the ads that appear at the top of and on the right hand side of your organic search results page. For these adverts to be as effective as possible you need to understand the basics of Google’s Pay-per-click advertising tool – Google adwords. SovTech has compiled a list of some of the basics you should know.
- First it is essential to understand the concept of ‘keywords’. Organic keywords should be appropriate to your website and should reflect what people are searching for on the world wide web.
- Use these keywords to create your Google adwords – this ensures that your ads are relevant or that your advert is appearing for people who are searching for what you have to offer. Relevance creates clicks and clicks create profit.
- It is possible to also add negative keywords. Keywords that you don’t want your ad to appear for.
- Put important keywords in the title of your ad this will add to its relevance
- You are in control of your cost per click. Google sets the CPC based on an automated auction system. You can choose your maximum cost per click, or the maximum amount you are willing to pay for each new prospective customer who clicks on your ad.
- Make sure the landing page that your customer arrives on from clicking your ad has been designed to optimize conversions. If it is not then it is likely that you will have high bounce rate
- You are NOT charged by google when your ad is displayed only when someone clicks on the ad.
- Always consult your Google adword reports. These help you gauge the success of your ad
- Important metrics to check are the impressions, clicks, the click-through-rate, the bounce rate and the average cost per click (CPC).
- Work on automating your PPC, otherwise it can be very time consuming.
- August 6, 2021
- 4 mins read
- July 6, 2021
- 4 mins read
- June 7, 2021
- 2 mins read