20 Tech Blogs You Should Be Following In 2019
As 2019 rolls on, so do new technologies, insights and trends that are essential to keep you up to date. SovTech has identified 20 blogs out there that will ensure you aren’t falling behind in the tech evolution. Ranging from software development, design, office environments, coding techniques, hiring trends, breakthrough technologies and more.
1. SD Times: https://sdtimes.com/
SD Times covers evolving software development trends from coding frameworks to development methodologies. With a number of writers, they produce between 10 and 20 new pieces of content a week.
2. Coding Horror: https://blog.codinghorror.com/
Coding Horror is an easy-to-read blog written by Jeff Atwood who is a web software developer. He writes to stay up to date about software development trends allowing his readers to do so as well.
3. Treehouse: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/
We really love the way they capture you into reading their articles with a truly beautiful layout. Treehouse publishes several new articles monthly around resources, career advice and their podcast.
4. Developer-Tech: https://www.developer-tech.com/
Developer will keep you up to date with almost anything remotely related to technology. Big news as well as the little things that make big impacts.
5. Wes Bos: https://wesbos.com/
6. ProgrammableWeb: https://www.programmableweb.com/
ProgrammableWeb focusses on APIs. Everything you need to know about APIs can be found here and more.
7. Speckyboy: https://speckyboy.com/
Speckyboy covers a number of topics written by a variety of writers. From prototyping and designs to different kinds of development. As well as keeping us up to date with the news.
8. David Walsh Blog: https://davidwalsh.name/
9. Scott Hanselman: https://www.hanselman.com/blog/
Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.
10. A Geek with a Hat: https://swizec.com/blog/
Swizec Teller builds things to then write about it to help coders become engineers. He posts regularly to help engineers hone their craft.
11. LosTechies: https://lostechies.com/
LosTechies is a blog where technical ideas and thoughts can be shared the same way good meal and drinks are shared. A clean and easy-to-read blog.
12. Soft32: https://www.soft32.com/blog/
Soft32 is a software free download site that provides information and reviews around games and programming downloads.
13. Mike Cohn’s Blog: http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog
Stay up to date with the latest agile methodology trends. Mike analyses the sprint process and deciphers why things happen and how they can be combatted or promoted.
14. Martin Fowler’s Blog: https://martinfowler.com/bliki/
Martin Fowler is “an author, speaker… essentially a loud-mouthed pundit on the topic of software development.” Focus on good software architecture and agile approaches.
15. Geeks for Geeks: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/
Geeks for Geeks is a vast learning platform. Geeks for Geeks offers learning programs as well as open-source articles surrounding good software development practices.
16. 2ality: https://2ality.com/
17. Cat On Mat: http://www.catonmat.net/
Peteris Krumins is an entrepreneur, a hacker and ace programmer. He shares his experience on this platform as well as valuable material to help like-minded people in the field.
18. Anadea Blog: https://anadea.info/blog
Anadea is a software development company based in Minsk with focus on Java and Ruby on Rails. They post frequently about the industry they are in about hot tips and trends.
19. Silk and Spinach: https://silkandspinach.net/
Kebin Rutherford is the man behind Silk and Spinach. Kevin is a mentor as well as a team-trainer with many years of experience to prove his worth.
20. Never Friday: https://neverfriday.com/
Rudolph Olah shares insights into how to get into the tech world and how to thrive in the tech world. He provides training courses and video sessions around Python and AngularJS.
- August 6, 2021
- 4 mins read
- July 6, 2021
- 4 mins read
- June 7, 2021
- 2 mins read